Having a range of dip recipes up your sleeve for drop-in guests or a planned event is a good thing to have! I like to have a variety of textures and flavours so have collated a few recipes that are tasty and easy to make. I have used the herbed yoghurt dip with my Yoghurt Flatbread – a perfect combo!
The hommous recipe is one I have had floating around forever so I’m not sure where it comes from. The herbed yoghurt dip recipe is from www.taste.com.au
The best thing is, you don’t really need a Thermomix at all for these recipes!
Herbed Yoghurt Dip
- 1 clove garlic
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 110g herbs (I used dill, parsley and mint. You could also use a mix of others such as chives, coriander, basil)
- 200g Greek-style plain yoghurt
- Add garlic to bowl and chop, 3 secs/ speed 6. Scrape down sides
- Add herbs and chop 3 secs/ speed 6. scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add lemon rind and yoghurt to bowl
- Mix together, backwards, speed 2 for about 20 seconds. Add an extra 10 seconds if needed.
- Put in a bowl and garnish with a sprig of dill or parsley. Serve with seed crackers.
And now for the amazing hommous (or hummus) recipe…
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained (approximately 400g. I used 2 tetra packs which equalled to about 420g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20g tahini paste
- 20g olive oil
- juice of one large lemon or 2 small lemons
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (ground)
- Add garlic to bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down sides.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and blitz for 10 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down sides. Repeat. At this point, you will need to decide how you like your hommous. Personally, I like it smooth and not too thick, so blend for a little longer after adding some warm water, about 10g.
- Put in a bowl, sprinkle with paprika or extra cumin. Serve with seed crackers and other dips on a platter.
I hope these get you through the festive season!